The Executive Assistant at Elderslie Farm manages all communication for Elderslie Farm, both within the organization and with the public. He/she will be sufficiently trained with a thorough enough knowledge of Elderslie Farm to be able to complete all dining reservations, events and sales with speed and efficiency.
The Executive Assistant reports to the Business Administrator and meets daily with the Executive Chef, the Lead Server, the Creamery Retail Manager and other parties as needed to ensure thorough communication and exceptional customer service.
Schedule: Tuesday through Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Starting Pay: Based on experience and effectiveness – $13 to $15 per hour
• Answer the phones (business mainline phones: restaurant, Creamery, office lines)
• Manage primary email and monitor other departmental emails as needed/assigned
• Assist guests with dinner reservations and large group dining
• Coordinate and/or complete administrative tasks as assigned by Business Administrator
• Assist Executive Chef as assigned or needed
• Assist with deliveries and errands as needed
• Schedule meetings for management as needed
• Maintain and support internal communications among managers, staff and business divisions within Elderslie
• Answer questions from the public related to all Elderslie products and entities during office hours (phone, email, Facebook and Instagram). After training and on-boarding period, 90% of inquiries should be answered without querying other staff or management.
• Except when away on errands, be present and available at Elderslie Farm for walk-in guests, receiving deliveries and assisting/supporting staff as needed
• Exhibit polish, politeness, professionalism and excellent hospitality in tone and demeanor on the phone, in written communication and in person
• Be ready at all times to receive visitors and guests (business casual attire required)
• High School Diploma or GED
• 2 years experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
• 2 years experience with Google Gmail, Drive, Docs, and other Google platforms, Apple Mac, etc.
• Clear and legible handwriting, strong writing and grammar skills
• Professional demeanor and polished tone; excellent verbal communication skills
• Some experience with sales, communications or administration
• Valid Kansas Driver’s license
• Strong time management and problem-solving skills
• Pursuit of college level education in business, sales or related degree paths
• Some experience in restaurant service/hospitality-oriented industries
• 2 years of office management/administration experience
Applicants may send a cover letter, resume and two references from previous employment (please include email and phone) to email@example.com.